(Recipe courtesy of The Oh She Glows Cookbook- Angela Liddon)
Makes 1 smoothie. Nutritional benefits include:
- Spinach – loaded with antioxidants and nutrients such as Vitamin C that supports skin health and immune function, which helps your skin glow.
- Bananas – have the antioxidant manganese, which helps the body make collagen and protects skin from radical damage.
- Chia seeds – rich in antioxidants, provides fiber, iron, and calcium, which leads to increased energy.
- 1 cup almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and frozen
- 2 to 3 ice cubes
- 1 tbsp almond butter or peanut butter
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- protein powder (optional)
- In a high-speed blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately and enjoy a burst of energy any time of day.
For more recipes and ideas, contact us!